Altice USA is offering multi-platform content of NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics beginning today, Aug. 5, through Sunday, Aug. 21. Altice USA’s Suddenlink, and in the New York area Optimum TV customers, will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 6,755 hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of all competition sessions, on-demand.
In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA Network, Telemundo, NBC Universo, and two linear sport-specific specialty channels, customers can stay connected to the Rio Olympics wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a driver of significant TV Everywhere engagement.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Altice USA’s Suddenlink and Optimum TV customers to watch and be a part of the 2016 Olympic Games through their televisions, personal computers, mobile and tablet apps, and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience Available to Altice USA’s Suddenlink and Optimum Customers Includes:
- Linear Networks: NBC Olympics is utilizing nine NBCUniversal broadcast and cable networks to present the Games: NBC, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, USA Network, and Spanish-language networks Telemundo and NBCUniverso. It is also providing Altice USA with two specialty channels – one for basketball and one for soccer – for 11 linear networks of Olympic coverage in all.
- NBCOlympics.com & the NBC Sports app: Olympic live streaming content is available at NBCOlympics.com for PCs and via the NBC Sports app for mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes the USA Network and who log-in to the site or app.
- NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app will once again feature live streaming coverage of all Olympic competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Altice USA’s Suddenlink and Optimum TV customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Additionally, Suddenlink TV customers can access the Suddenlink2GO app and Optimum TV customers can access the Optimum App to watch Olympic content.
- Altice USA’s Suddenlink and Optimum and TV customers should follow the TV Everywhere verification process to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com or the NBC Sports app.
- Choose the event or content you’re interested in watching and select the “Verify Now” button to begin the sign in process.
- Select your cable, satellite or telco provider. Suddenlink or Optimum.
- Enter the username and password that corresponds with your account.
- Upon verification of your subscription, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device.
At the start of the Olympics, Altice USA’s Suddenlink and Optimum customers will be verified automatically when visiting NBCOlympics.com or using the NBC Sports app within their home. Altice USA is employing In-Home Auto-Verification, which recognizes IP addresses and cross-references those addresses with subscriber accounts to automatically verify video subscriptions.
- NBC Olympics: Rio News & Results app: The NBC Olympics: Rio News & Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports app, which provides comprehensive live streaming coverage of the Games.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and select full-event rewinds available via Suddenlink and Optimum’s Video-On-Demand service.
- Pre-Games: Beginning last month and continuing through the Olympic Games, viewers can access more than 200 pre-Games clips in HD via set-top box, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- In-Games: As a complement to the more than 2,000 hours of linear programming dedicated to the Rio Games, NBCUniversal will also offer original digital-only programing each day during the Games.
- Beginning on Aug. 6, Gold Zone, an exclusive video channel on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, will offer more than 100 hours of whip-around coverage of the most popular live action from the Rio Games. The channel, which will stream from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET on most days, will allow verified Suddenlink and Optimum viewers to experience multiple events, as they happen.
- In addition, NBCOlympics.com will present The Daily Dismount, a gymnastics post-game studio show which will feature highlights and analysis of each day’s gymnastics competitions.
- Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 800 highlight clips and 200 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an event’s completion, all in HD, available via NBCOlympics.com, the NBC Sports app and MVPD set-top box.