NFL Network Update

Since early June, we have been in active discussions with the NFL Network about adding them to our channel line ups. The NFL Network will not start televising its eight regular season games until mid-November. Before then, we hope we can reach an agreement with them on terms that are similar to the terms we understand the NFL Network agreed to with Comcast earlier this year, when the Network was placed on a digital package of channels — or on terms that are consistent with our prior offers to the Network, including our offer to give them their own, stand-alone channel. Either way, we will continue to negotiate in good faith with the NFL Network, seeking a resolution that is fair to both those customers who are interested in the Network and those who are not.

Comments

1. John Weatherford says

I have wanted NFL TV from the beginning, but I completely understand and agree with the cable companies wanting fair treatment.
    I hope it works out.

2. Nathan says

Speaking of the NFL…..I am really missing having Cowboys coverage now that Suddenlink has removed WFAA from the San Angelo lineup. Is there anything that can be done to get WFAA back?

Unfortunately, I don’t think so, likely due to some or all of the folowing factors, which are outside (or largely outside) our immediate control: TV station contract requirements; the fact that WFAA is not a local station; WFAA’s distance from your area/the decreased reach of broadcast signals as a result of the DTV transition earlier this year.

If we learn something to the contrary, however, we will let you know.

3. Billy says

I was a bit apprehensive when Suddenlink bought Cox … I could not be more thrilled than if I can get NFL Network. To have NFL Network would just make my year. If this happens then I will forever sing the praises of Suddenlink.

4. lokey says

What are the chances for FSN Pittsburgh HD being added to Charleston, WV lineup? We receive the regular digital broadcast, but not HD.

As the posted information indicates: “The NFL Network will not start televising its eight regular season games until mid-November. Before then, we hope we can reach an agreement … “

5. Nathan says

This past weekend at my inlaws I watched MGM HD. It is a great channel and I would like to suggest Suddenlink adding it to their lineup.

6. Frank says

If Suddenlink gets something worked out with NFL Network will you also be adding the NFL Redzone channel? I see that other cable companies such as Comcast and Verizon FIOS have added this channel already.

I have been very upset watching the satellite companies add HD channel after HD channel while Suddenlink adds new channels at the rate of one or two per year. I actually had an order placed for DirecTV until I found out that I had to pay an additional $100 ON TOP OF the $300 for Sunday Ticket in order to watch all the games in HD. If Suddenlink is going to be adding the NFL Channel PLUS the NFL Redzone channel I might be a little bit happier with Suddenlink.

7. Craig says

Has anything developed yet on the NFL Network front?

SFYI Editor:

We are getting close to being a month away from these games. It would be nice to hear something one way or another. You should see that there is a demand for this product and from paying customers no less.

There has been constant communication between the two companies on this subject as we continue to work diligently on a deal. We remain cautiously optimistic.

8. Craig says

The count down has begun. 3 weeks untill the NFL Network starts airing games. How are things progressing? I really would like to watch those games.

9. Craig says

We’re down to 2 weeks untill the NFL Network starts airing games. What is the latest word? There was hope that something would be worked out, but is it going to happen? Don’t leave us in the dark until the day before.

10. ignacio cortez says

i am a suddenlink customer and it is 2010 when and what channal is the nfl net work coming to the channal line up i am in truckee ca

11. Craig says

Has there been anything new on NFL Network front? Enough people would like to have it, don’t keep us in the dark.