Favorite Cable Channels

According to a new survey, the Discovery Channel, History Channel, and ESPN receive top rankings on the list of favorites.

What are your favorites?

Comments

1. SFYI Editor says

April — There are many factors that impact a channel line up, including the capacity of the local cable system and the contract demands of the network owners. That said, if you’ll let me know by email — pete.abel@suddenlink.com — where you live, I’ll pass along the feedback to those who make these decisions. Thanks for taking time to comment.

2. Mike Huber says

I would like to see the following HD Channels added FOX News, Science Channel, Weather Channel, MGM, and Smithsonian to the Mountain Home AR. lineup. Thank you for at least asking.

3. Disparity in NC says

Any reason why Washington, NC has about 7 more HD channels on their Basic Tier than in Greenville NC which is only a half hour away? Is our cable system really that much worse? I’ve been thinking of switching to satellite for the larger HD selection, but getting Bravo and Sci-Fi in HD might keep me w/ cable! (ps along w/ ESPN those would be among my favorite cable channels)

4. Vernon Haller says

Will we ever get Fox Business and RFD TV in the Spring Hill Ks
    area, I would like to see it happen.

5. Charmain Jones says

Please place a listing of channel names and abbreviaitons on your website with the correspond channel numbers.

Our printed listting is way out of date and I know that HD is causing you to make changes all the time. A real time list that corresponds iwth other listings would be great. We are missing great shows because I cannot located certain channels. It would greatly help to know what exactly we have, then we could coordiate with other services like zap2it listings.

Charmain — Such a list is currently available. Enter your zip code on the home page of our main site (suddenlink.com) — hit “enter” — then look for the channel line-up link for your area.

While the information available to me may be dated, it looks like the TV Guide Channel is still available on Channel 91 in Lubbock. Please email me directly at pete-DOT-abel-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com if that’s not the case and I will investigate further.

6. Adrian Willhoit says

Does Greenville, NC offer the RFD channel? If so, what is the channel number?

Based on a quick scan of the local channel line up, I don’t see RFD, but you may want to check, too. Go to our main Web site, enter your zip code, press “Go,” then select “See your channel line-up.”

• tracy jones says

do you know if suddenlink in brenham texas will add video on demand or not or any new channels

• FYI Editor says

As noted before, it appears there are plans to add more HD channels this year in Brenham, plus initiate other improvements. We will share details locally as they are confirmed.